Kyrgyz National University named after Zhusup Balasagyn is the leading higher educational institution in the system of higher education of the Kyrgyz Republic, an autonomous educational and scientific structure.
In the educational process of the University, 1,576 full-time teachers are involved, including 541 candidates of sciences and 117 doctors of science.
The number of students in the KNU is 23,333 people, including 2,220 students of the budgetary department, 21,171 students of the off-budget department, 2,723 students under the secondary vocational education program and 191 students under the general secondary education program.
KNU carries out its educational activities in the following areas and specialties:
- training bachelors in 65 areas;
- training of specialists in 5 specialties;
- retraining of specialists in accelerated programs with a standard term of study 2.5 years, 3.5 years;
- preparation of masters in 35 directions;
- Training of specialists in 22 specialties of secondary vocational education:
- postgraduate training in 16 branches of science;
- doctoral training in 6 branches of science.
The implementation of these programs is provided by:
- 21 faculties;
- 5 colleges;
- 2 Lyceum;
- graduate school;
- doctoral studies.
In addition to the basic educational programs, additional educational programs were introduced in the KNU educational process, as well as reduced and accelerated higher education programs.
The university management system is adapted to the modern management model of higher education institutions. It combines the positive experience of the previous period and innovations brought from the experience of managing universities in foreign (European) countries.
The basis of the management structure is the principle of functionality. The main criterion governing the structure of management of KNU and its structural subdivisions is their compliance with the content, tasks and goals of the educational programs being implemented. Each structural unit of the university and each employee have a clear idea of their job and functional duties, fixed in the relevant statutory and working documents.
KNU actively participates in the work on the modernization of the education system, improving the educational and methodological support of the educational process in the universities of the Kyrgyz Republic. Together with the Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic, it develops state educational standards.
In addition, KNU specialists take an active part in the creation of high-quality textbooks and teaching aids.
Faculty of KNU:
- Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Cybernetics;
- Faculty of Physics and Electronics;
- Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology;
- Faculty of Biology;
- Faculty of Geography, Ecology and Tourism;
- Faculty of History and Regional Studies;
- Faculty of Kyrgyz Philology;
- Faculty of Russian and Slavic philology;
- Faculty of Foreign Languages;
- Faculty of Journalism;
- Faculty of Philosophy and Socio-Pedagogical Technologies;
- Kyrgyz-European Faculty;
- Faculty of International Relations and Oriental Studies;
- Kyrgyz-Chinese Faculty;
- Pedagogical faculty;
- Faculty of retraining, advanced training of personnel and pre-professional education;
- Faculty of Information and Innovation Technologies;
- Faculty of State and Municipal Management;
- Faculty of Economics;
- Faculty of Law;
- Faculty of management and business.
- College of Law;
- College of Economics.
- College of Information Technology;
- College of the Kyrgyz-Chinese Faculty;
- Pedagogical College
Lyceum of KNU:
- Humanitarian Lyceum;
- Information and Economic Lyceum.