TOPIC “Group Purchasing”
TITLE OF THE SEMINAR “How Group Purchasing can mean big savings for Small/Medium Businesses”
PRACTICAL SEMINAR OVERVIEW
This seminar will benefit participants in understanding best practices in Group Purchasing and how can they effectively simplify their procurement processes. By increasing the forecast purchase volume, the Purchasing Group is generally able to negotiate lower prices for the goods or services purchased with respect to what could be obtained by individual companies working alone. These savings are usually considerable, ranging from 10% to 35%.
Participants will leave this seminar able to:
- Analyze a company strategic situation with a particular emphasis on its purchasing function
- Develop suggestions for change and development of company strategies for the purchasing function, including management of supplier relationships and the network logistic function.
- Plan and develop the professional procurement.
- Describe how Group Purchasing can help your business, its advantages and limitations.
- Define the impact and benefits of Internet technology on Group Purchasing operations.
- Understand the issues involved with implementing and managing a Group Purchasing scheme.
Basic knowledge in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Small and medium enterprises
The ideal participants of this seminar are:
- Professionals involve in Purchasing, Logistics, Materials and Supply Chain
- Professionals aiming to develop their limited understanding about Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Professionals looking for business gains and benefits from managing their supply chains more effectively
- Business Operations for Group Purchasing
- Obtaining and selecting offers
- Group Purchasing Schemes
PARTICIPANTS: 18 max.
DURATION: 1 day
LOCATION: “THE CACTLE”center at KNU
PLAN OF THE SEMINAR
|09:00-9:30||Problem based access to the topic
Confront participants with the role of GP and how it helps to alleviate disadvantages often suffered by SMEs
|09:30-10:30||Business Operations for Group Purchasing||PPT||Instructor|
|10:45-12:15||Obtaining and selecting offers||PPT||Instructor|
|13:15-14:45||Group Purchasing Schemes||PPT||Instructor|
Stimulate participants to deal with the assignments. Let the participants apply the new information.
|Work sheet||Individual/partner work|
Give the cognitive and affective feedback to the participants how they did the assignment.
Make the conclusion of the day’s topic on the answers of the key questions